[owncloud-user] Best way of wget-ing

Martin Skjöldebrand martin at skjoldebrand.eu
Tue Aug 18 06:10:01 GMT 2015

Hi,

What is the best way of wget-ing a file from ownCloud? If I share a
file and then use the share link (e.g. https://my.domain/index.php/s/g
ibberishstring then I get a download named gibberishstring, while if I
go to the shared location, right-click on the download link and copy
the download location, then paste that as an argument to wget - then I
get the correct download named "download" rather than the file name. I
then have to rename the download to the correct name (e.g. mv download
my.tar.gz) and then I can extract the thing.

Slightly roundabout as compared to e.g. Dropbox.
Is there an easier way of getting my file downloaded using wget I am
missing?

/Martin s