[owncloud-user] Requests to .Well-known produce 404 error

Fabian A. Santiago fsantiago at garbage-juice.com
Mon Apr 10 02:37:21 GMT 2017

Hello,

I use letsencrypt for ssl.

Owncloud current version 9.x.

Nginx mainline current build on centos 7.3.x.

Recently I've deployed this version and it's sample nginx config.

Now, letsencrypt webroot renewal requests which go to:

(Site)/.well-known/acme-challenge/.....

Receive a 404 response from my owncloud site rather than giving the acme server it's expected challenge response.

I tested this trying to read a simple text file under that path.

Where or which rewrite is affecting this? I'm unsure which in the nginx conf file, or could it be elsewhere?

--
Thanks.
Fabian S.