[owncloud-user] syncing local "Documents" folder

Eric Moulton eric.moulton.jr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:50:59 GMT 2017

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to sync their local “Documents” folder to ownCloud, particularly on Linux or Mac. I am trying to avoid making a copy so I don’t double the space of the Documents folder of my home computer (~80GB), and I would like it to automatically sync every time I create new documents (in my Document folder, not the one in my ownCloud). I hope I am clear in my explanation.

I have tried making a symbolic link of my documents folder to ownCloud. It creates one, but in the Finder window, a yellow exclamation point appears over the Documents symbolic link/folder. I have also tried modifying the permissions of my Documents folder to see if this was the issue, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any other solutions?

Best regards,
Eric