[owncloud-user] problems updating owncloud to latest stable release via webUI

Fabian A. Santiago fsantiago at garbage-juice.com
Tue Jun 12 21:01:28 CEST 2018

Hello,

i just upgraded my instance today to the latest stable release. i attempted to use the webUI updater for this. my browser stayed on the maintenance mode screen seemingly forever and never seemed to complete.

i logged into the terminal and ran occ upgrade; now i saw the issue was reported as an unfound / unsupported app error for 'templateeditor'.

Via occ, i had to disable the app, re-run the upgrade and then turn off maintenance mode to complete the process.

why couldn't the webUI updater tell me this? i know your docs state the recommended upgrade method is via occ to avoid php timeouts but that wasn't the case here it seems.

any thoughts? Thanks.

--

Thanks,

Fabian S.

0x643082042DC83E6D94B86C405E3DAA18A1C22D8F (new key)
0x3C3FA072ACCB7AC5DB0F723455502B0EEB9070FC (to be retired / revoked)